I had a few different than my normal day experiences while I was there AND, I learned a few things a long the way. All while having a blast with my niece and nephews.

Bedtime came a whole lot earlier for me. My body was out of order by 10pm!
Costco seems to make more sense (a family of 3 just can't eat that much broccoli before it goes bad).
Timing was very important when it came to taking a hot shower.
Laundry is just a whole different ball game...
Despite the broken pickle jar in the middle of the isle and the fact that I just couldn't turn the shopping cart with that many kids hanging off of it, the trip to the grocery store turned out to be NOT so bad.
The fact is that being a parent takes a lot of patients, sacrifice, love and a whole lot of luck. Which sometimes comes so easy and pretty much effortless, but other times it may be forced or even barely there. But there is nothing more fulfilling than seeing them accomplish something new and grow into someone great.
Even on days like this, when those precious moments come, nothing can replace the joy you find inside a Mother.

I say thank you to my parents who cared, loved and sacrificed so much for me and still do...

I love you guys!
12 comments:
What about me?? I do soo much gosh! YOu did good sister, I am sure that was the funnest week for the kids, I know if Auntie Marin came to my house for a week my kids would be i heaven!!
wow, you are one amazing sister! I honestly don't know how mom's do it. I honestly don't know if I can do it, but here I go! YOU ROCK MARIN!
Wow that is an undertaking!!! Nice job. You are so nice to take that kind of a job/love on. I'm sure it was a blast for all of them. Maybe not for you all the time, but it looks like you learned a lot and came out better for it. Sounds like you really did have a good time. Your right about the costco thing. It is a whole lot better when you have more family to feed, and more room to store! Parents are the best and what a blessing it is to have them and be one. I still can't believe you did it for 10 days! You go girl!!!
Jana, not everything is about you, gosh!
You did good my sista!
I don't know how mom and dad did it with 8 but they did. Parents really are great and we appreciate them so much more when we have our own kids.
oh man... am i the only one to HAVE to comment on gerald and carol?!?!
jana needs to get some shades like that, then she and carol can be twins LOLOLOLOLOL!!!.
i love it.
love
love
love.
Wow! I didn't realize they had five kids...you had your hands full! But I bet Blake LOOOOOOVED IT!
i LOVE that pic of your mom and dad! adorable. sounds like good birth control!! lol.
How fun! I love kiddos but I don't have my own so it's easy to give them back. That picture of you mum and dad is fabulous! our dads look a lot alike...I stared for a bit but they do share dna so that would explain it!
Such a cute post!
You rock girl! well said!! too bad it's not so effortlessly more often!
I love love love the picture of your Mom and Dad... soooo cute!
I haven't seen Rob in ages, such a cute family.
I watched Josh and Jenny's twins for a few days so they could go back to Canada for some health stuff and I literally had a 4 1/2 hour nap after it was all over.
where did laura go? you are truely gem of a sister. i bet the kids LOVED having you there.
kudos to the parents of us all!:)
Post a Comment