Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Some Serious Eats

My next door neighbour (I am Canadian remember) Sarah and I joined forces and created a master piece...

There was a dilemma... We had no idea what we were going to do with all of our tomatoes. After eating them in every meal for 2 weeks straight they were loosing their value and fast!
So we booked a Saturday and peeled, chopped, cooked, stirred, tasted and canned.



We look really cute after sweating over the hot stove all day!
(me with my man hair) ;)


There are still soooooo many tomatoes in our yard that I am sure we will be doing this again real soon.

5 comments:

stacey said...

ohhhh, looks good red! you should post the recipe.

Janas Bananas said...

Good job!! that is salsa I take it??? Very impressed, and I bet MIke liked the "slaved over the stove all day" look....YOu are just little molly home maker. Now you need to come to canada and cut some corn and blanch it and freeze it..now those were some good memories.. :s

Devon said...

The salsa looks so beautiful (and very tasty too!) I love that you guys just up and did that! Maybe if I think positive thoughts, I'll be able to too....

Stephanie said...

Salsa or tomato sauce?
I assume salsa since Jana brags about it all the time and never lets me taste it since she never makes it for me - boo on her.
I think your hair is hot. Hot sweaty momma hair!! :D

henline crew said...

you should send some my way. I'll send you taber corn and you can send me your salsa. MMMm yummy. ps, I love your man hair. Hahaha