Friday, February 6, 2009

My Birthday Boyz

My 2 favorites boys just celebrated their birthdays.


I like when Mike's birthday comes around. Not just for the party but also because for 2 1/2 months Mike and I are the same age. It makes me feel, well, not as old. Silly I know, but true.
-Ginnie, I think we borrowed that candle from you last year for Mike's bday. I guess we are borrowing it again this year.


Blake, apparently was born on the most depressing day of the year. According to NBC.
I guess we made that day a brighter one. It is now one of the best days of the year for us!

carrying on the spanish tradition.

Lily was the hard hitter of the night and busted Elmo open.

Really, every year I buy our birthday cakes (refer to pic #2). But since it was the one thing Blake asked for this year, I thought I would do it for him.
I also belong to this group on facebook called the great cake makers and have never in my life made a great cake. I have no idea why I joined the group, but I guess now I have a cake I can add to the mix.

Happy Birthday to you both.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute cake!! Happy Birthday guys!

Ginnie said...

Ok... it's time to come clean. What else did you steal/borrow from my house? Really, you don't have to steal you just have to ask, but I understand. I know it helps the pain of good bye to have little pieces of me laying around. Keep the candle and think of me often.

Ginnie said...

Oh ya, and happy birthday. I'm sure it wasn't the same without me there. ;)

K-Krew said...

Great job on the cake - it's really cute. Love the pinata pics - looks like the kids had fun :) And Happy Birthday!

Krystal said...

Happy Birthday Boys!!! Blake is getting so big! I bet it just makes you sad/happy. Nice job on the cake. I wish I had skills like that. Thats what my moms for! Good job.

Janas Bananas said...

I loved Mikes lots of hair in the picture when Blake was born...And MArin that cake was AWSOME!! I bet Blake loved it..what a good littl emom you are...I bet he thinks you are a super star!

Mike said...

Thanks Babe! Your the greatest!

stacey said...

happy birthday boys!! so fun. i LOVE that cake. great job.

The Perry family said...

Happy Bithday boys! We need to hang out some time.

Life Is Golden said...

I love love love the cake... pretty perfect job for being your first.

Rigel said...

What a cool cake! Good job marin! And happy birthday to your boyz!

Brittany said...

Happy Belated Birthday boys!! And oh my gosh, Blake looks like a big boy!! I can't believe it! So cute!! Oh and Mike, you look like a big boy too!And that is a very impressive cake!