Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Boston

For the 1st time Mike and I left Blake over night. It was for 2 nights actually. It was hard to leave him but turned out to be so fun. If fact it was harder for us than it was for Blake. He hardly missed us at all. He did really good, which made it easier for us to be gone.
Mike and I went to Boston with our friends Juan and Stacia. We had such a great time despite that fact that the weather was so ridiculously cold! We ate good, played good all for a good price.

We started off by visiting some sights .
Aww matching touques - too cute!
After dinner we went ice skating at Frog Pond. Something I haven't done in 5 years! I sheepishly admit that as a Canadian - I did not represent. Mike on the other hand, skated like a pro.
The next day was full of some fun events.

We started off getting lost looking for the Sackler Museum . It was worth the wait! Two of Harvard's three art museums are being renovated, so all the best exhibits are in the Sackler Museum. After the museum we went out for lunch.
Regina Pizza - some of the best I've had.


Then up to Bunker Hill Monument.

We climbed up the stairs to the top. Trucking up all those stairs after stuffing our face full of pizza was not the best idea we had on the trip. As you can see by the look on Mike's face - he was worried he would be having his lunch for a second time.

Then we went for a walk on the freedom trail.
Then it was off to see the U.S.S Constitution.

Don't mind the stupid look on my face - who knows what I am doing.


Two sailors, showing us where the sailors in the past would sleep.


The ferry ride back to Downtown Boston.
The next morning we spent at the MIT Museum which turned out to be Mike's favorite.


We ended our trip really well! Stopping by Mike's Pastry. It is as delicious as you all said!

5 comments:

Krystal said...

What a fun trip! It looks way too cold, but I love the boots you have on. So cute! That is one thing I miss, you just don't need them in AZ. Sounds like life is good. I would of loved to have gone to Boston.

amyorr said...

You guys are always doing fun stuff. When did Mike get braces? I have them too. They are the in-thing now. Hope all is well!

Stephanie said...

SO FUN!!!!! Lucky you guys... I still have yet to go away from my kids -ummm almost 10 yrs- sick and wrong! Love all the pics and love good friend.

K-Krew said...

Your trip makes me want to head back to Boston. I still want to check out the MIT museum. We didn't do nearly as much when we were there this summer. Maybe next time we should leave the kiddos at home :)

henline crew said...

I'm a little jealous that you guys live out there. There is so much to see and do it's ridiculous. Next time you should take me. I'm sure James won't mind.