Thursday, November 6, 2008

New Love

Ok so let me explain my new found love.
I have been wanting to find a hobbie that I can do While at home and one that I really enjoy. I have tried many things - scrapbooking, sewing, cleaning, I have even tried making cute hair clips and bands even though I don't have any girls to show them off. None of those hobbies have turned out to be very successful. I was begining to think the creative side of me just didn't exist. Then I found some paints and a canvas that Mike's sister left at our house. Looking at my bare and boring walls, I decided to paint something to hang. I looked on line for some ideas and started painting. Here are the results of my work so far.









I've really had fun doing this and it doesn't turn out to be such a disaster like all my other tried projects. I am still learning at lot. I just started an art class - hopefully that will help out a lot. It also helps having a husband that is an artist. Well atleast he use to be. He took private lessons back in the day. He's one good teacher!
Blake likes to show off his skills whenever possible. Here are some samples.

Lightning McQueen driving in the rain



Little Nemo



19 comments:

em said...

Holy cow, Marin! Those are really, really good! Seriously, if I just picked up a paint brush and went at it, I'd end up with something that looked like I threw up all over the canvas. Then I'd kick a hole in it. Then I'd drop-kick it to the dumpster.

I think you really found an outlet there. Keep it up!!

Ginnie said...

Are you kidding me?! Those are AWESOME! The last two are my favorite, but they are all amazing. You were working on the first one right when we moved and it turned out so beautiful.

So is Mike going to give you private lessons? GRRRRRRRRR

Tanya said...

oh my gosh you have a real talent! keep going!

The Perry family said...

Those look awesome! Great job Marin! It's so nice to be able to find something like that to be able to create and see you have a talent for. It's great that you signed up for an art class too!

Alison said...

wow marin!! amazing job :) good for you for not giving up and finding something that fulfills you. are they oils? acrylics?

The Blandon's said...

Hmmmmmm, I will have to suggest the "private lessons" to Mike.
I use acrylics.

henline crew said...

I am impressed. At first when you said you got some ideas on the internet I thought you were showing the ideas. I didn't know you had it in you, I love them. I've been trying to do crafty things for my house too but I am no painter.
I think Mike would be more than happy to give you private lessons.

stacey said...

marin! those are SOOOO good. you have found a new talent!

Rachel said...

Ditto. Girl, you rock.

Janas Bananas said...

Holy Crap, those are amazing!!!! YOu know what, you have always been multi talented and creative! And I love Balkes pictures..I always laugh when I see kids drawings, they are soooo cute!!

Brett and Lauren said...

Wow Marin, I'm impressed! Blake's drawings are really good too!

Ginger Christensen said...

Wow! Those are amazing! Great job!!

Stephanie said...

Just so you know Jana and I are so sick of talented siblings. Can you possibly post something that you cannot do or a really ugly picture of you or a messy house or something?!
p.s. tres good marin!

Christina said...

Wow, these are almost as amazing as the ones I saw hanging on your wall. They look suspiciously similar too!!! Ha, but seriously, good job! I'm really really impressed. They look great on the wall too. Aww, our little family of artists.

Krystal said...

Amazing, Amazing, Amazing! Can I say that enough? Wow girl you really are so good. Now why did you hide this little talent? I love them all, but I must say that first one is to die for. I would love to hang it in my house! Could I could I? NO really those are truly beautiful, and anyone would love to have them. Good job!

Nataly Harris said...

I will have to say "ditto" to all previous posts and say...WOW, Marin...such a wonderful new-found talent!!! Good job! I'll have to stick to photography...and hopefully be wicked amazing at it someday!

Unknown said...

my favorite is the one with the women. they are all great! good for you Marin! Blake's not to bad either.:)

Dilya said...

Marin those pictures are awesome! Yours are pretty good too! :) YOu are really talented. I would love one of your paintings. (my birthday is may 29th) I am glad things are going good for you guys. take care

Anonymous said...

WOW is all I can say!!