Monday, November 24, 2008

Gobble, Gobble

Blake made this in nursery yesterday. I thought it was such a cute idea for Thanksgiving and so simple! So if any of you are looking for a fun craft idea to do with your kids - here's a good one!
I am sure you can all figure out how to make it from the picture. Just in case I will write instructions.
All you need is:
a cup
colored foam or construction paper
googlie eyes or you could just draw your eyes on
glue gun
string
sponge
scissors

Make two holes on the bottom of the cup and tie the string around it. Then tie the other end of the string around the sponge. Cut the shapes out of the foam/paper and glue them onto the cup - the eyes too. Then dampen the sponge.
To make the GOBBLE sound, wrap the damp sponge around the top of the string and pull down. It sounds amazingly close to a turkey gobble and the kids LOVE it!






Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Janas Bananas said...

Hey I may try that....except its like Christmas time here and thanxgiving is over!!! Maybe next year though.

Stephanie said...

Ummm does it REALLY make a gobble sound? I might just try it to test out the noise.

The Blandon's said...

It really does!