The last few nights Blake has been coming into our room in the middle of the night and slipping into bed with us. He is pretty sneaky at it. He doesn't say a word or make any kind of noise so to not wake us. Then in the morning when we wake up, there he is.
Well last night he woke me up before he slipped into bed with us. So I picked him up and gave him a hug, then took him back to his room and put him to bed. I asked him why he came in bed with me and Dad and he said "I dono mommy" So I said he needed to stay in his bed at night b/c it was too squishy with him in our bed. He said "ok mommy". We said our goodnights and I went back to bed.
This morning I woke up and opened the door to leave our bedroom and there was Blake with his pillow, blanket and stuffed toy sleeping on the floor infront of our bedroom door. It was a sight that would melt your heart! I then felt bad for kicking him out of our room, but not bad enough to let him continue sleeping with us!
4 comments:
My both kids started doing the same thing about the same age. I think they just wake up and want to be close to you. What I did is told them to wake me up, I'd take them back to their bed and cuddle them for two minutes, and then tell them (if they were still awake) that I was going back to bed, I loved them and I would see them in the morning. Worked like a charm - plus - it's guilt free :)
Marin..that is soooo funny and cute and bad mom all at teh same time!!! but really just kidding, not bad mom...we just have our kids sleep with us it was a lossing battle with 100 of them in out room every night....Too bad you didn't have a picture...make you just want to kiss them
THat is so sweet. You know Blake coming in and just wanting to be next to you. He is such a good boy. Reminds me of my Trey bear. I bet you really took in that moment. You know if you have a king bed, it really isn't all that bad!!! ha ha. Trey is still with us,and KJ right next to our bed in her own crib. You know me though, I have to have them in the same room, cuz I"m crazy like that! So how are you doing? Are you liking the new place, life, etc...?
Finally its letting me leave a comment, gosh, I've been trying for like 5 days....maybe 4. Anyway, poor little Blake so neglected by his parents. All he wanted was a little cuddling and he was shafted by the door. I'm just kidding. I do the same to Jared now. Before I was too tired and he just slept with us but now that I have a baby coming, he's out. That really is one of the cutest things.
Post a Comment