Sunday, March 6, 2011

You probably don't remember

Once upon a time long, long, long, long ago I set out to refinish 2 chairs Mike had bought for me.

Remember these "undercover" gems?

I almost didn't either, it's been awhile!

Well they are finally done - FA ewf! It only took me a year and some months (my crafty friends, please don't judge, I can be easily distracted)!
End results - I LOVE them!

Speaking of things homemade.

A little over two years ago, on our 4th anniversary, we were really poor.
Oh wait, we still are...
anyways
we decided not to do much to celebrate due to the lack of $$$. I gave Mike a homemade card that I thought to be pretty sweet, but he trumped me by making me what is my favorite gift of all.

This necklace.
He shaped, molded and cast it out of dental material. I shed a tear or two and gave him a hug. It is by far the greatest gift to me.

11 comments:

Christina said...

They're adorbs!! Kudos, I hear re-upholstery is pretty hard!

That is very crafty of Micheal, I didn't know he was that creative. it's cute too!

Ivan went through a making-jewelry-for-me phase it was pretty cute.

Janas Bananas said...

LOVE the chairs! You did an amazing job Marin. I would have taken me 12 years to finish to koodos to you!

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the chairs!!! I don't think I ever would have finished them!!!

Em said...

Is that the pottery barn Bettina fabric? Awesome sauce. And Renn is feeling jealous that he never thought to make anything but meeples out of dental material.

Karen Samuelson Ricks said...

The chairs are gorgeous, Marin. My aunts upholstered. They would recover my Grandma's couch or chairs every couple of years. I just remember it looked like HARD WORK!!!

Rigel said...

You are one CRAFTY momma! I love those chairs!!!! Do you want to come over and redo my kitchen chairs? They are greasy and dirty! Babies! You did awesome!
And I love your little necklace! He's good!
Love ya!

The Blandon's said...

I really have no idea how I did it, it was purely a miracle! I would love to claim that I am that crafty, but I really am not.

John & Leslie said...

Love it all!! Your previous post with the faces on your fingers, just cracked me up!! So adorable! The Chairs look AMZAING!! Who are you anyways!!haha :)..and your heart lecklace that your husband made..AMAZING!! Love ya

K-Krew said...

Look at you and your mad skilz! Reupholstery, halloween costume extraordinaire, hair. I think I need to take some lessons. Love the chairs and the necklace - Mike has some mad skilz too :)

Lorissa said...

I want to be really happy for you, but I am mostly extremely jealous. WOW those look awesome. I have no idea what it is called but the trip rounded pieces on the chair, how the heck did you do that? I don't believe you did that, you hired someone, your going to have to come to my house and prove that you did it on one of my chairs, I just don't believe you ;)

Miss Crys said...

WOW! The chairs are beautiful, and the necklace is so pretty. That picture is gorgeous! So angelic!