Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back From The Break

Nieces, nephews, and in-laws! Oh my!
So far my parents have 25 grandchildren and hopefully more to come.
p.s I love all my sibling in-laws!
11 girls
14 boys

We had such a great time at the reunion with family. This was Mike's 2nd time visiting Canada during the summer in the almost 7 years we have been together. We always go during Christmas or Thanksgiving when it is negative 35 degrees outside. Don't ask me why...
As a result, we were able to enjoy more outdoor activities with family other than sledding and ice fishing.
The days were warm, the nights were cool and I was "home".

And this is my family...

My beautiful grandmother is one of the greatest ladies I know!
Blake loves his great grandma and her treat pantry

My dad and his girls
Staying up late laughing and enjoying moments together make
these 2 girls my best friends.



My favorite part is seeing all the cousins enjoy each other.
I took so many pictures of them together - too many to share!
Here are a few.
Cousins are the greatest!

Blake and "Cousin Jared" were attached at the hip.

literally...
Two in the bed and the little one said "roll over"...

These 3 are the same age and had the greatest time together.
This was an early morning jump on the tramp before breakfast.



Grandpa taking the kids out to the pumpkin patch



Of course the favorite and most passed around was the
newest member of the family, my little sisters precious Amy

We had so much fun eating and laughing together
fishing, boating,
hiking and enjoying the beauty
that it was hard to leave and go back to the city.
But we did leave and hopefully not for long... maybe ;)
Madilyn seems to agree.

12 comments:

henline crew said...

Thinking of the good times and you being gone makes me want to cry. That blog was great, a good read until I read my daughters name spelled wrong!!!! hahaha!!!! So many good pictures and memories.

Brett and Lauren said...

It looks like you had tons of fun! Yay!

Jenna said...

It looks like you had a ton of fun! I'm so glad that you got to go!

Janas Bananas said...

Oh man, that was fun..I wish you just lived here, then you can be cold allll the time!!! My house is empty and I mopped around for a few days then I was fine...But today I went out and took all the camp chairs down off my porch in the fall weather and got sad again..Hopefully u will be back soon!!

Brenda said...

In the 8th picture who is the girl in the middle in pink? Not one of the cousins that I know.
Hey Jana, with all that mopping around you should at least have clean floors :p

The Blandon's said...

That girl is actually Jana's friend Allison's little girl. She was visiting the same weekend.
Dina - sorry I fixed the spelling for you.
Jana likes to mop!

Heather said...

that looks so awesome. I can't believe how big your family has gotten. I couldn't even attempt to name all the kids or match which kids go with which parents! I was happy to see at least one familiar face, turns out it was my niece, and not yours.

Christina said...

looks like fun! I can't believe how long blake's hair is already!

Life Is Golden said...

LOVED looking at all of these... I remember when I was little and thinking your family couldn't get any bigger... boy was I wrong!
We were just "home" too... so nice.
Cute family you've got there.

Lorissa said...

Marin, you always have the best pictures! You are one talented babe! I do have to ask, what was with Mitch and the cane? Also, who was the oldest girl in the granddaughters photo? AND Tiffany always has the most perfect hair all the time. I can't believe that your parents have 25 grandkids. I bet get togethers are the best.

The Blandon's said...

That is my Grandma's cane. Mitch thought it was funny to use it throughout the day. The oldest granddaughter is Brooklyn - Jim and Tiff's oldest girl.

stacey said...

canadia RULES!! too much fun! i wish we could have gone at the same time! i want to see you! your family is huge and amazing. glad you had such a great time!