Monday, September 28, 2009

The family, that dear octopus from whose tentacles we never quite escape, nor in our innermost hearts ever wish to.

Autumn.

Even though it is beautiful, I always have a little (just a little) sad feeling that summer is over. The days are getting shorter and our sleeves are getting longer and most of all the foreboding. WINTER. I can't see it, but I know its coming.
Even though I enjoy the beauty of fall (especially out east), the little sad inside is having a cry for summer.

I do LOVE the Fall, it's just hard to jump into b/c you know that summer has come to an end. I am sure when the leaves all change color I will be there - in the moment with the fresh crisp air, surrounded by the stunning art work of mother nature.

Despite knowing what is coming (winter). Autumn always feels like a time of renewal, a chance to begin again. So do I love it or not ? I love it, it just takes time to warm up to it or in this case cool down to it...

So here is our first fall adventure, Philadelphia







9 comments:

StephieMae said...

Umm....so stinking cute!! Cute family for sure! Oh marin I miss you!!! Cutest adventure seriously! And I love the first photo of Mike and Blake and the one on the lil 'sorry' piece. You guys are adorable and surely missed.

K-Krew said...

Looks like fun. Let me know where you guys went in Philly. I'm trying to come up with some ideas for when the in-laws come in a couple of weeks.

Krystal said...

Now that is the way you say it! Where is that place in Philly? It looks like some fun. I still think that back east has some of the most amazing things to see/take pictures of. I miss it...I really do. Enjoy all those beautiful colors of fall for us. Living in AZ is the best, but I must say I miss the fall.

Christina said...

love. love. love the pics!

Janas Bananas said...

Why do you guys always do fun things?? Gosh we are boring!! YOu need to bring some of that fun back to Canada...... And loving the teeth!! look at you eh?? ANd where have you been latley?? you have not been online?? and I love Blakes sweater, did you know it used to be Colons???

henline crew said...

Philadelphia scares me but you look like you went to the good part, not the ghetto. I'm jealous of all the fun things you get to do out there. We really are boring. Just cuz we live together doesn't mean we are exciting. Blake is cute but I think his hair is getting a little long, you should cut it, just a little. I love his sweater, I think Jared used to wear it.

Brett and Lauren said...

Such cute pictures!

stacey said...

you guys are too cute. i love all the adventures you go on!! i want to come!

D&D Miller said...

Marin I found your blog from Dina's. I loved Dover Delaware fall. I don't think I have seen the leaves as beautiful as I did when we lived there. I just created a blog of our own

danddmiller.blogspot.com