Thursday, January 8, 2009

Oooooops sorry

I have to apologize for forgetting to mention one of the best parts of our trip . It's actually a funny story.
Our connecting flight to Canada was in Salt Lake City, which is where Michael's family is from. Once Mike saw where our connection was, he started begging me to "accidentally" miss our flight to Canada. I would just smile and say "ya Mike that would be fun" I didn't want to say no but I also didn't want to deal with everything that comes with missing a flight.
Well turns out our flight to SLC arrived late b/c of bad weather. Which caused us to miss our flight to Canada, which also happened to be the last flight out to Canada that night. So, we called Mike's family and we were able to spend the night with them. It turned out perfect. It was nice to see everyone - especially for Mike. We left the next day (not so well rested from staying up all night with his family) and made it to Canada. Although our luggage was not so fortunate. We were without it for 3 days.
It was good to see everyone. The trip turned out perfect b/c we were able to see everyone from both our families!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Minus the missing luggage, dealing with 'missing a flight fun' sounds like that too was a great part of your trip!
Gotta loooooooove family

Ginnie said...

wrong, you didn't get to see all your families....

Ginnie said...

Oh, and I think we can attribute the flight being delayed due to Mike's strong telepathic powers. :)

The Perry family said...

Nice! Sometimes it just works out... or you make it work!!

Krystal said...

Talk about luck! It really was a good Christmas for you. I really can't believe it all worked out and both of you got what you wanted! Family is the best!